Do you want to learn how to grow Mint easily in Hydroponic and Aeroponic Systems?…
Oregano is a herb that is from the mint family. You can grow this inside or outside, it’s perfect for a hydroponic and aeroponic system! Oregano is much like Basil, Rosemary, and Thyme. In history, Oregano was mostly used for its medical properties which is neat.
- Optimal PH: 6.0-8.0
- 1.5-2.0 PPM
- Temp: 55 – 70 degrees
Grows Well with
Oregano is a herb, and herbs grow GREAT in hydroponic systems. All though it does take a little longer to start to profit from the herbs, but it is so worth the wait. The first harvest is about 8 weeks after it’s planted.
Once you have your seed growing, it’s okay to transfer it to your system. A good amount of light is 18 hours a day of light. Be sure not to over water your Oregano, it will get root rot and die.
You will be able to harvest your leaves once they reach about 4-6 inches of height.
The same goes for Aeroponics and Hydroponics. Follow along with the hydroponic section and you’ll be good to go!
When growing indoors, it is super important that your plant receives sunlight and heat in order to grow. Be careful not to over water your plant as it will drown. When planting, I recommend planting them about 8-12 inches apart from the other plants.
While growing Oregano, you will have to prune it every now and then. Try not to over prune your plant, which will stress your plant out and cause it to have yellow spots.
Suffers from Thrips, aphids, and whiteflies. You can avoid these by cleaning all the water that is everywhere
Some of the things you have to keep in mind when planting herbs like this one, it will start to grow yellow spots. This simply means the plant is stressed, or you are over watering it. If you think the plant may be stressed, it may just need a bigger pot to be kept in. Be careful when moving it, therefore you could destroy the plant. And we do not want that.
Tips & Tricks
- Oregano will last a very long time if you trim it every so often
- Trimming the plant will promote excellent health
- Cut off any flowers and buds you see as they grow, this will result in a increase in growth
- This herb goes best in full sun, and does not like a lot of water
- Grow for the long term, once you are finished with it in your system, you can transplant it to a container and grow outdoors
- Use it or prune it
- New growth is the best tasting
- Too much love is not good for this delicious herb, it’s not a picky plant
- You are able to use a nutrient solution that is ideal for lettuce
- The plant tells you it needs more light by aiming more towards the light. You can move the light closer, or the plant closer to the light
Not a lot of people talk about Oregano, simply because it’s super easy to be grown hydroponically!
Oregano is one of the easier hydroponic herbs to grow
You can cut a trim off, and grow it in water
This plant is known to keep growing, even after dying
There are many types of Oregano, such as: Cuban, Mexican, Ornamental, Golden, and Marjoram
Oregano Oil is great for to be used as a Antibiotic
Grows similar to a ivy or a vine
You can begin harvesting the plant once the plant reaches about 6 inches
Cut above the growth node to allow the plant to branch out with new growth