Shrimp and Basil Pesto Pasta
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- ½ Clove of Garlic
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil ( Remove the Stalks)
- 4 to 6 Tablespoons extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes ( Halved)
- 8 Ounces Cleaned Shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 8 Ounces Dried Tagliatelle or Spaghetti Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 2 Tablespoons Pecorino Romano Cheese (Grated)
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- Place Basil and Garlic into a Blender or Food Processor. Pulse 3 or 4 Times.
- On a low speed, slowly add your olive oil. (Until it looks like paste)
- Then add both your cheese’s. (Pecorino and Parmesan) Pulse 2-3 times.
- Finally, add in your pine nuts. Then move your mix into a bowl and place to the side.
- ( Add Salt if you would like at this point)
- Make the Tagliatelle according to cooking directions on the package. In a large bowl with a pinch of salt. ( 8-10 minutes, Pasta will be slightly firm)
- Now with the shrimp check for black veins and make sure they are completely clean. (Clean with paper towel)
- Cooking the shrimp: Grab pan and heat some oil in a non-stick pan to hot. Add shrimp and fry until the shrimp are pink through to the middle. Remove from the pan and place to the side. (Keep Warm)
- Now in the same pan from the shrimp cook the halved tomatoes with a pinch of salt. (3-4 Minutes until soft, Keep Warm)
- Drain Pasta! Keep one cup of the cooking water to the side for later use.
- Now gently mix in a large bowl a little bit of pesto into your noodles. (Add a tablespoon at a time and the pesto has a very strong flavor. (If it’s a little dry add a little bit of your saved cooking water from before.)
- Next mix in your Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes. Mix!
- Then it’s ready to be served.