Seafood Linguine With Crab, Chili and Mint
- Makes 2 Servings
- Prep Time: About 30 Minutes or More
- 8 Ounces of Linguine
- Kosher salt ( To your preference)
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (Divided)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- ¼ Cup Garlic (Minced)
- 1-2 Fresno Chiles/Red jalapeño/ Red Thai Chiles ( Pick one and Seeded Sliced into Thin Rounds)
- 1 /2 tablespoons or More Fresh lemon (Juiced and Divided)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon Zest (Packed Tightly and Divided)
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Ounces Cooked Shelled Dungeness crab/King Crab/Jumbo lump crabmeat (Pick One and Picked over for shells)
- ⅓ Cup Fresh Mint Leaves (Torn and Divided)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Make sure to stir occasionally until al dente (Firm). Drain. Set a side one cup of the pasta water.
- Now in a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Then add your shallots and stir until soft (3-4 Minutes) Add your Garlic and 1 Chile the cook plus stir often. (1 Minute)
- Then, add ½ tablespoon of lemon juice, pinch of pepper and 3 tablespoons of pasta water to your shallots mix. Stir until the liquid is almost evaporated ( 1 Minute).
- Move your pasta to the skillet and add ½ cup of pasta water. Then increase heat to Medium-high. Cook and mix pasta with tongs. Until the liquid is almost evaporated and pasta gives off a glossy look. ( 2 Minutes) Then add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter,1tablespoon of oil,1 tablespoon of lemon juice,1 teaspoon of lemon zest, crab and half of mint. (if you’d like to add more spice add more chile)
- Stir pasta until the butter is fully melted in the skillet and the pasta is fully coated. (add more pasta water if it looks dry.)
- In bowls add the 1 teaspoon left of lemon juice and mint and divide between your servings.