Minty Pea Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 13 Minutes
- Total Time: 32 Minutes
- Cooking Spray is Needed
- Dutch Oven Needed
- 2 ½ Ounces Whole-Wheat Baguette (Cubed)
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan (Grated)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Onions (Chopped)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 5 Cups Unsalted Chicken Stock (Swanson)
- 4 Cups Fresh Green Peas
- ¼ Cup Mint Leaves (Divided)
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- ½ Cup Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Rind (Grated)
- ¾ Grounded Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees.
- Then arrange bread on a baking sheet with a layer of baking spray. Bake at 425 degrees. (6 Minutes). Then place into a bowl and toss and add cheese.
- Now in your Dutch Oven over Medium-Heat. Then add oil,onion, and garlic. (11 Minutes) Stir in stock, peas, 3 tablespoons of Mint, and sugar. Bring your Pot to a boil. (20 Minute Simmer)
- Place Half of the pea mixture and remaining mint into a blender. Remove the centerpiece on the blender lid. Place a towel over the blender lid and continue blending until smooth. Pour your blended mixture into a bowl. Repeat with remaining mixes. Then return your soup to the pan, add yogurt, rind, pepper and salt. Bring to a serving temperature. Then serve with the Croutons and Mint on top.