Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Makes 12 Cookies
- Prep Time: 1 Hour and 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 11 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 31 Minutes
- ½ Cup/1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Fresh Mint (Packed and Roughly Chopped)
- ½ Cup Dark brown sugar (Firmly Packed)
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- ½ Cup SemiSweet Chocolate Chip
- Green Food Colored (Green Cookies)
- Place the butter and the mint into a small saucepan on the stove at medium-heat. Melt the butter and mix slowly occasionally. (2-3 Minutes) Once you can smell the mint turn of the heat and let the butter steep (30 Minutes)
- Strain the butter. Pressing the leaves to get the extract out of all the butter from the mixture.
- On a two baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a bowl mix the butter and sugar. Beat until light and creamy (3-5 Minutes with mixer)
- Next, Add the room temperature egg and Vanilla and beat for an additional couple minutes
- In a separate bowl, Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer while running. (Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary)
- Finally, Add your Chocolate Chips and mix until fully combined. (Add Food Coloring)
- Remove the cookie dough from your large bowl. The wrap in plastic wrap and press flat into a disk. Chill for an Hour
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Divide up your cookie dough into 12 equal portions, Rolling each one into 12 balls.
- Bake 11-12 Minutes, About halfway through baking rotate the pans around.
- Let Cool on the baking sheet for 2 Minutes. Then move to a cool rack.