Greek-ish Grain Salad
- Serves up to 4 – 6
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 Tablespoons Grounded Pepper and Salt ( To your preference of flavor)
- 1 Cup Farro ( Soaked in water Overnight)
- 2 Bunches Scallions (Trimmed and Sliced Thinly)
- 1 Fresh Red Medium Spicy Chile ( Sliced Thinly)
- ¼ Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Oil Packed Anchovy Fillets (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Cucumber (Roughly Chopped)
- 4 Ounces Black Olives ( Smashed and pits removed)
- ⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Ounces Feta Cheese ( Cut into ½ Inch Slabs)
- 1 Romaine Heart ( Cut the leaves crosswise into strips)
- 1 Cups of Mint Leaves
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil over high heat and add 2 Tablespoons salt. Add Farro, reduce heat to a brisk simmer and cook until al dente, 20 Minutes to soak. Spread out on a small rimmed baking sheet or platter to cool.
- Then in a large bowl combine scallions,chile vinegar and a pinch of salt. Stir till fully combined. Let it sit for 10 minutes for the flavors to meld.
- Then add Farro to the mixed bowl along with the anchovies,cucumber and olives.
- Toss a couple times to mix. Then add Olive oil and Feta gently fold together.
- Just before serving add a pinch of salt and romaine and mint toss gently to combine your mixture.
*Appearance depends on what ingredients you keep in the mixtures.*